четвъртък, 17 февруари 2011 г.

Five Favorite Films with Mimi Rogers

If you scanned the credits for Unstoppable, you may have noticed a familiar name near the top: Mimi Rogers. Best known as a versatile actress, Rogers made a splash as a producer in 2010 by shepherding the based-on-true-events tale of a runaway train to the big screen. Producer is just one of Rogers's talents, however -- in addition to her widely-praised performances in such diverse films as The Rapture, The Prince of Tides, and Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, Rogers is also one of Hollywood's finest competitive poker players. With the Certified Fresh Unstoppable hitting DVD shelves this week, we talked with Rogers about her favorite movies, the rigors of producing films, and what she learned from some of her previous directors.

MASH. To me, MASH is the superb realization of [Robert] Altman. Amazing. Whether it's the improvisational nature, the way he layers dialogue, the way that he has scenes that are alive on every level. The rebelliousness, the anarchy, the humor. You know, Donald Sutherland and Elliot Gould were just [great]. To me, it was sort of like the perfect realization of what he does, although McCabe & Mrs. Miller is another favorite.

Thunderbolt and Lightfoot is another one of my favorites. Jeff Bridges, just, wow.

I like a lot Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. It was hilarious, it was incredibly well done and well written. The chemistry between those two is spectacular. And I fell deeply and madly in love with them.

I like Cool Hand Luke. To me, it's an iconic [Paul] Newman performance. Everything from Newman to George Kennedy to just watching that spirit, and the sort of bitter triumph of that spirit even at the end. An amazing, unforgettable movie for me.

I like The Exorcist. I mean, for me, it worked on such a psychological level. For me, it sort of grasped the idea of what horror is, what the mind can conjure up.

Next, Rogers talks about bringing Unstoppable to the big screen.

(1 - 20 of 22 Discussions)


This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар